The SMPH Yearlong Medical Student Research Fellowship provides a one-year full-time funded research experience under the mentorship of SMPH faculty mentor(s). The proposed fellowship project may be in any area of the basic, translational, clinical, health services, or applied biomedical sciences. Fellowship awardees will be appointed as Graduate Intern Trainees through their mentor’s department at an annual salary of approximately $26,352.
Applicants must be currently enrolled students who have completed Phase 2 and have taken Step 1 by the beginning of the fellowship. Applicants may not be on academic probation. Research year out is expected to start in June and be completed by the following June. Exceptions to eligibility criteria and timelines will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
In order to apply, you will need to supply the following information and documents. (More information on requirements for these documents can be found in the application portal):
- Mentor information, including contact information
- Your own CV/resume,
- The research proposal,
- A personal statement,
- A letter of support from your primary research mentor,
- A letter of support from the SMPH Dean of Students’ Office,
- Up to 2 additional letters of reference,
- Your primary mentor CV or NIH Biosketch (preferred),
- Your co-primary mentor CV or NIH Biosketch (preferred) if applicable, and
- Supplemental materials (optional)